A cornerstone of Prass (Company/Prass)'s vision is to be a socially conscious business and it has always displayed the highest Standards of corporate citizenry. Apart from continuously fulfilling all its regulatory requirements related to the laws of land at large, the Company believes in a well-structured corporate social responsibility (CSR) culture.
The corporate social responsibility is a concept whereby companies integrate social, environmental and economic concerns in their business operational and in their interaction with their stakeholders and in particular the communities in which they work. The Company's corporate social responsibility policy (hereinafter referred as "Prass CSR policy") takes account of its economic, social and environmental impact in the way it operates as a business by demonstrating our commitment to corporate social responsibility, the company aims to align its business values, purpose and strategy with the needs of our customers and various other stakeholders, whilst embedding such reasonable and ethical principles into everything it does.
In the aforesaid backdrop, "Prass CSR policy" is broadly framed taking into account the following measures:-
- Welfare measures for the community at large, so as to ensure the poorer section of the society derives the maximum benefits.
- Contribution to the society at large by way of society development, imparting education training social awareness especially with regard to economically backward class for their development and distribution of necessary clothes/foods item to the poor society in rural areas of the country.
- This disclaimer is duplicated in the Terms and Conditions group as the sale of goods website disclaimer.
AREAS FOR CSR ACTIVITIES
The poor and needy section of the society, living in different parts of India broadly areas like small town /village/rural area would be covered.
For CSR activities 80% budgeted amount should be spent on activities more specifically mentioned herein below, within the radius of 50 KM of the office/outlets/fulfilment centres etc.; of the Company and the remaining 20% should be spent in other areas/ locations, as per the directions of the Board of Directors/CSR Committee of the Company.
The CSR activities of the Company will broadly cover the following activities;
- Providing education in rural areas and carrying out other activities for education in the local areas, awareness program on girls education, providing school bus/cycle facilities to needy girl student of the school in the operational area of the company/company outlet, support to technical/vocational institutions, support for education for their self-development;
- Water supply including providing drinking water in rural area near to company operational area, installation/repair of hand pumps, rain water harvesting scheme;
- Generation of employment in rural areas/small town, cities;
- Grant/donation/financial assistance to hospitals, charitable institutions, sponsorships to reputed NGOs of the society/locality doing or involved in upliftment of the standard of living of the society;
- Providing clothes, food and other necessary items to poor, underprivileged and needy section of the society living in different parts of the country, specifically the section of the society in vicinity of offices/ premises of the Company;
- Adoption of any village for carrying out the activities like infrastructure development, education development, community development, providing employment opportunity for the villagers;
- Empowerment of woman for education, health and self-employment;
- Health care by providing indoor medical facilities and medicines, organizing health awareness camps;
- Activities relating to environment protection including plantation, green belt development;
- Activities relating to social empowerment including training of rural youth for self-employment on welding, fabrication and electronic appliances, construction of hostels for girl care and for senior citizens, organizing training programmes for woman on tailoring, fabrication, designs, home foods, painting and other vocational courses;
The above list is illustrative not exhaustive and the CSR Committee shall be authorize to consider the activities not falling in the abovementioned list
EXECUTION / IMPLEMENTATION AND REPORTING OF CSR ACTIVITIES
The investment on CSR activities shall be project basis, the company can get executed its CSR activities either through some external specialized agency, recognized NGOs in regard or the company can also get executed its CSR activities through its internal employees, as may be decided by the CSR committee form time to time.
- The CSR Committee will nominate the internal employees of the Company or external agencies to undertake the activities as it may think appropriate.
- The Chief Financial Officer of the Company under the consultation of Chief Executive Officer of the Company shall prepare an annual proposal in the first quarter of every financial year with regard to various CSR activities to be undertaken by the Company during the entire financial year. The proposals under CSR activities shall be referred to CSR Committee; the CSR Committee will evaluate the proposals and may recommend for the modification and/or implementation accordingly.
- The CSR Committee will allocate the budget for CSR activities to be undertaken during the year subject to financial performance, operations of the Company and statutory requirement/limits.
- The CSR Committee will also decide the priority of the activities to be undertaken under CSR activities as per proposal.
- The CSR Committee will periodically interact with CSR implementing agency or with the employees of the Company undertaking the CSR activities.
- The CSR Committee will monitor and review the progress of activities undertaken or completed.
- The CSR Committee will also from time to time, as and when required review the implementation of CSR Policy of the Company and recommends the suitable actions to be taken in this regard.
REFLECTION OF CSR ACTIVITIES
The CSR activities undertaken by the Company will be reflected in the annual report of the Company for the respective financial year.
REVIEW OF THE POLICY
The CSR Committee may from time to time, as may be required, review the CSR Policy of the company and may make the suitable amendments, as be necessary, in the CSR Policy of the Company based on the changing requirements of the beneficiaries, requirements under the relevant laws.